A Touch of Sassafras: a touch of my story        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Saturday, September 18, 2010

a touch of my story

like i said in my last post, i have been so bad about blogging...mainly because i don't want to offend people with some of things i'm thinking (which is what i think a blog is kinda for, ya know a journal of sorts) BUUUUUUUUUUUT, now i just don't really care :) so here's me


my name is carrie...i would just call myself something cutesy & unidentifiable like "C" but everyone in my little family has the exact same initials so that would be pointless. so i'll just perform my first internet no-no & tell you my IRL name. like that? i used IRL...it stands for In Real Life. yeah, i'm totally blog savvy ;o)

so here's a touch of my story. i promise to make a long story not too terribly long...i hope. born in ohio, moved to georgia @ 7 years old...now, why did i just use the "@" when i could have typed another at? because i'm a total goofball, that's why. RABBIT TRAIL! i 'pologize. so i grew up here in good o' georgia. i was invited to church by a friend & attended from VBS through youth group. that's where i met my husband, well ya know the boy who would become my husband, at a youth group lock in right after we had both graduated from our respective high schools (his being in TX, by the way). aw shoot. am i going to have to back track to why he was here from TX? NAH. that'll be another post for another day. dang, 2 rabbit trails in one paragraph. we went on our first date 3 days later & we have been together ever since. no, i won't tell you how long that's been. because i don't have to, it's my blog & i'll cry if i want to. can you tell i'm feeling touchy about my age lately? ANYWAY. geez, i hope we get to the end of this post before you all fall asleep. we were married 3 years after that, bought a house 6 months later & somehow decided we were ready to try for babies. what we didn't know was what a difficult road that would be. 3 years after that, a miscarriage & a diagnosis of PCOS later...baby girl #1 made her appearance! chrislenn leigh weighed in at a whopping 4 pounds coming 5 weeks early & very nearly scared us to death. thankfully she was perfectly healthy & never even had to be on oxygen much less be in the NICU. so smart. so sweet. so loving. perfection. then, she wanted a baby sister. 5 years, more PCOS & another miscarriage (tubal pregnancy to be accurate), foster to adopt parent classes & a TON of paperwork later...baby girl # 2 arrived in a whirlwind in our home at 2 weeks old & a whopping 5 1/2 pounds!

can you tell we're really good at tiny miracles???

i think i'll leave you there...hanging... :)

xoxo,
carrie

1 comment:

  1. ok, so i AM offended by this blog. you didn't even say anything about how good looking i was when you first laid eyes on me. :) i love you so much baby, and i have ever since that first night we met ??yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete